Thursday, March 24, 2011

Houdini's Birthday:

     Today is Houdini's birthday, a day where it is okay to celebrate both magic and bondage. Go ahead, convince the one you love to let you tie them up.  Strangely enough, last week at The Texas Ghost Show I met Aron Houdini, who is a Straitjacket Champion and a Guinness World Record holder. Though I missed his grand escape (he wriggled free from a regulation straitjacket, while hanging  from a giant crane over Crockett Street, downtown), I met him after the show and decided two things: I could be the next female Houdini and I may have to marry a magician. Sheesh. There I go again. I knew I couldn't get through a blog post without some reference to marriage. 
     So, here is the problem. I'm tired. For proof, please note the total number of blog posts that I've made.  A whole three. I'm going to blame my lack of productivity on the fact that I haven't read for fun in months and that my thesis and my full-time job are crushing my soul to a pulp. Lately I have been feeling like a woman who has been sawed in half on stage (I think there is a song by Jenny Lewis that this line reminds me of). The sad part is that there's no magic left here, just an unlucky mishap involving a sharp object and a willing victim. Perhaps I'm just having one of those days where I want to take other people's good news, smash it up the size of a spitball, and aim it right back at any toothy smile that I see. Uplifting, I know. And, on top of that, I have friends that all seem to be busy making beautiful babies or creating inspiring art. Thanks a lot Jenn and Randy and all my fellow musicians for dumping on me like this. Anyone know any tricks? Something that involves bringing my corpse back to life? 
     I'm hoping my trip to New Orleans will be the answer: live music, a sweet ass food festival, and time spent with lovely ladies (my favorite Ginger!) and a swell fella that kindly took these photos last weekend for me. Check out his other work. He's stellar. 
    
Check out Mommy Ivy in the background. Hottie. <3
-------------------------------->
Photos by Randy Edwards

8 comments:

  1. Most Beautiful Lady I know! Enjoy NOLA and step back,take a breath....Majic is everywhere!You just have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are lovely! I love your hair long like that.

    -Justin Soileau

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos! You look fantastic, girlie. You've been pretty darn busy creating; it's just not as public. Doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile or valuable.

    Have I mentioned how much I love your header?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. <3 You've all been invited to my public pity party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally jealous of new orleans, heh. and that pegasus in your window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog....but I don't get the pity party part.
    You are LOVED, PRECIOUS, CUTE, TINY,TALENTED, WORKING, INDEPENDENT, HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER AND FAMILY, YOU ARE GOING TO NOLA, and did I mention TALENTED BEYOND BELIEF? I'm confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to mention that I LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ASHLYNN! You're adorable. I love these pictures. :)
    Love,
    Kellyn

    ReplyDelete